Thursday, July 28, 2011

Creepy is as Creepy Does

I have a friend who thinks that puppets are creepy? She once refused to get into our rental car in France because I was going to purchase a vintage clown marionette. She said, "Sharon, it's either me or the puppet. Only one of us is getting in the car with you." I left the beautiful antique marionette with blue glass eyes at the marche aux puce in Avignon. Sometimes when this friend is being particularly saucy, I wonder if I made the right decision.
Other times I see photos of clown puppets and I realize that she might not be alone in her aversion of these funny little men. I'm guessing that not all children thought that the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz were funny like I did?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You owe me your life! You would have been left by the side of some "D" road in France with paper mache marks around your neck if you would taken off with that creepy puppet alone!

And those horrible shiny chicken/puppet feet photo...eeeeewhhh!
l, French Fry